We are a school that prides itself on the ambitious education we deliver. In part, this is possible due to the inspiration we draw from our mother school, NLCS UK and the important bond that has developed between the two institutions.
We are fortunate that our relationship is genuine and close. We have benefited greatly from NLCS UK carrying out regular inspections and monitoring visits of our school, as well as interviewing and training all our new staff at NLCS UK.
As the school has grown and developed, it is inevitable that we have carved out our own identity and we are proud of how this is emulated in our own aims which, whilst rooted in the pioneering work of NLCS UK, have been adjusted to fit our own sense of what makes for a world class, holistic, international education in Korea. Our aims and objectives are true:
- To provide an exceptional educational experience, based on the traditions, ethos and practices of North London Collegiate School, UK.
- To provide an ambitious academic education and to enable each student to make the most of their gifts.
- To maintain a team of teachers to whom each student is important and who can inspire subject passion and enthusiasm.
- To enable all students to recognise academic excellence and realise that it is attainable.
- To create a home where individuals are nurtured and the whole personality can grow.
- To foster a caring and respectful community characterised by excellent relationships between staff and students and between the students themselves, of whatever age, culture and background.
- To encourage all students to take risks and try something new in an environment which embraces all aspects of educational challenge.
- To develop an outward looking, internationally minded, community of young people who have a clear understanding of the value of commitment and service to others.
Our objectives are a more specific embodiment of our aims and represent the specific ways in which our aims will be achieved, related to student outcomes.
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
Our students will graduate with exceptional academic skills across a broad range of disciplines. They will have the opportunity to develop a depth of knowledge in areas that they are passionate about and will fully realise their potential. Our students will have confidence in their own abilities and will be aspirational thinkers who have confidence in their own abilities.
- BROAD EXPERIENCES
Our students will leave us with a clear sense of where their passions and interests lie having experienced a wide variety of activities and opportunities outside of our formal curriculum.
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP
Our students will be prepared for a world with continuously fading borders and where international mindedness is essential. Our students will be compassionate and have a commitment to serving others.
- SCHOOL VALUES
Our students will develop a strong set of moral and ethical values that determine how they act and interact with others.
- FUTURE SUCCESS
Our students will not only access leading universities around the world, but they will be equipped with the skills, attitudes and attributes needed to be successful, happy and healthy for the rest of their lives.
Our students will leave us as resilient and confident young people who think independently.